Make A Gift
The Woody Shaw Institute of Global Arts
Help support the The Woody Shaw Institute of Global Arts by clicking the button below to make a gift today!
Your support will assist us with the necessary development, administration, documentation, and overhead to get the Institute up and running by 2018.
Once you click the above link — be sure to click the "Donate Now" button on the following page!
THE WOODY SHAW INSTITUTE OF GLOBAL ARTS is a new entity-in-formation that exists for the study, preservation, and advancement of Woody Shaw's legacy. The Institute is a subsidiary of WOODY SHAW LEGACY LLC — and is the only official philanthropic or educational entity representing the musical legacy Woody Shaw.
The Institute is fully eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions through its nonprofit 501c3 fiscal sponsor, Fractured Atlas. — Click Here to Make A Tax-Deductible Gift or Donation.
Official programs, projects, and plans of the Institute will be announced in the second half of 2017. Please Note: The Institute is not a charitable foundation or granting organization and does not give out funds at this time.
- To honor and preserve the name, life story, artistry and positive social message of late musical visionary, trumpet innovator, bandleader, arranger and composer Woody Shaw (1944-1989).
- To increase international awareness, appreciation, and understanding of Woody Shaw's life work and contribution to American culture.
- To ensure the ongoing performance and study of Woody Shaw's original music — and of his unparalleled contributions to the trumpet — by new and diverse audiences around the world.
- To support the creation of new works (musical, audiovisual, literary, cinematic, educational, technological) inspired by his creative vision.
- To uphold Woody Shaw's unique standards of excellence, innovation, and integrity — and to support the development and cultivation of positive humanistic ideals through education, artistic expression, activism, outreach, cross-cultural collaboration and "any other forms of positive work" that help inspire and uplift the human condition.