Watch Documentary Short:
With Liner Notes by Woody Shaw III.
Resonance Records, in partnership with the National Audiovisual Institute (INA) of France, is pleased to announce the release of Larry Young In Paris/The ORTF Recordings. Featuring groundbreaking performances by the ingenious organist and pianist, these studio and live recordings from 1964 and 1965 made for French radio and never before issued on record, will be released on March 11, 2016 in deluxe two-CD and limited-edition two-LP sets. Read More.
Larry Young in Paris (1965-66)
- Limited Edition pressing of 2,000
- 180 gram vinyl pressed on 12 LPs at 33-1/3 RPM by Record Technology Incorporated (R.T.I.)
- Gatefold LP includes booklet with essays, unpublished photos, collector postcards and digital download card
- Mastered by the legendary engineer Bernie Grundman
- First release of all previously unreleased Larry Young recordings in nearly 40 years.
Deluxe Limited Edition 2-LP Set
- Featuring the iconic jazz organist Larry Young with Woody Shaw (trumpet), Nathan Davis (saxophone), Billy Brooks (drums) & others.
- Endorsed by the estate of Larry Young.
- Extensive liner notes with essays and interviews by John McLaughlin, Dr. Lonnie Smith, John Medeski, Bill Laswell, Nathan Davis, Andre Francis, producer Zev Feldman, Larry Young III & Woody Shaw III.
- Includes rare and previously unreleased photos from the Francis Wolff, Jean-Pierre Leloir and INA archives.
- Tracks include an over 20-minute version of Zoltan, Beyond All Limits from the classic Unityalbum, as well as other mid-1960s songs including Talkin About J.C. and Luny Tune.
- Released in partnership with the National Audiovisual Institute (INA) of France.