Rosewood - Full Score & Parts
The original score from Woody Shaw's two time Grammy-nominated album Rosewood (1978).
- 38-page full score, album arrangement
- 12 separate instrumental parts: trumpet, soprano sax, alto sax; tenor sax, tenor trombone, bass trombone, flute, piccolo, piano, percussion, bass, and drums
- 76 pages total
- Includes concert lead sheet
- Digital Download - PDFs
This illustrious composition was originally written for Woody's dear friend and musical ace Bobby Hutcherson — dedicated to the material (rosewood) from which Bobby's wooden marimba instrument was made. The tune was then later re-dedicated to Woody's parents, Rose and Woody Shaw, Sr. (i.e. Rose-wood) — who shared the same name as the tune. His 1978 debut album on Columbia Records was then dedicated to them as well.
- Talent Deserving Wider Recognition, Downbeat International Jazz Critics Poll (1977)
- Jazz Album of the Year, Downbeat Readers Poll: Rosewood (Columbia 1978)
- Best Trumpeter, Downbeat Readers Poll (1978)
- Grammy Nomination – Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Soloist: Rosewood (1979)
- Grammy Nomination – Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Group: Woody Shaw Concert Ensemble, Rosewood (1979)